CBC Radio's The World This Weekend is a comprehensive half-hour news and information program. The program aims to bring Canadians the most up-to-date developments on the key stories of the day. To that end, The World This Weekend offers listeners a comprehensive news package followed by a showcase of documentaries produced by the best journalists in Canada and around the world.
- 30:00The World This Weekend keeps you up to date with what's happening in Canada and around the world.Nov 11, 2018
- 03:45Europe has seen a number of separatist movements flourish. Usually, in regions that have a strong national identity. But then there's Brittany. It's seeing a resurgence of Breton culture, but not the same push for independence. So far.Jan 12, 2018
- 03:58In the capital of the world's newest country, South Sudan, a crop of young designers and fashionistas are building a nascent fashion industry, against all odds. That story by Tanya Birkbeck, an International Women's Media Foundation South Sudan Fellow.Sep 1, 2017
- 04:46Women in France once made beach-side toplessness trendy, but now, research shows that ditching the bikini top is losing its appeal. John Laurenson reports.Sep 1, 2017
- 05:15Usain Bolt has run his last solo 100 metre race. Former Olympian and CBC Sports analyst, Anson Henry, helps us get inside his head.Aug 5, 2017
- 02:41There's a rule we try to adhere to in radio: "The microphone is always on." There are signs it could be good advice for doctors too.Jul 31, 2017
- 03:00Iraqi government troops have killed thousands of ISIS militants in Mosul. What to do with the families of those militants is the next big challenge.Jul 15, 2017