Saturday October 21, 2017
TIMELINE | Two decades of turmoil at the Port of Churchill
more stories from this episode
- 'My friends and family think I'm crazy that I still live here after being attacked by a bear'
- 'They are the love of my life': Churchill woman pays big bucks to feed horses
- TIMELINE | Two decades of turmoil at the Port of Churchill
- PHOTOS | The humans of Churchill
- Ify Chiwetelu's top three Churchill, Manitoba moments
- Full Episode
It was supposed to be a link to the world, connecting a remote northern town to markets around the globe.
But now, the Port of Churchill stands as a reminder of just how isolated the community is in danger of becoming.
A lot has happened to the port — and the people it supports — in the twenty years since it was purchased by American rail company Omnitrax. Here's a timeline charting those tumultuous two decades: