Rogers employees reveal tactics they use to push products and services on customers, or risk losing their jobs.
Loblaws and the government squared off in court today in one of the biggest offshore corporate tax-avoidance cases in the country, with authorities alleging the grocery conglomerate set up a bogus foreign bank to avoid tax on hundreds of millions of dollars in income.
A Nova Scotia family is reeling after a funeral home mix up saw them presented with two bodies that were not their loved one — only then to learn she had been mistakenly cremated.
MARKETPLACE Debt, pain and more surgery: The true cost of gastric band procedure hyped as weight-loss fix
The commercial made it seem so easy — "You're in, you're out and you're shopping … what could be better?" But Barbara Litt's gastric band surgery couldn't have gone worse. It left her in debt and in pain. And she's not alone.
Governments around the world say they've recovered a combined $500 million in unpaid taxes thanks to the Panama Papers leak in 2016. But none of that was in Canada, where the CRA says it will be at least 2½ more years before it can announce anything.
Albert Schultz is taking a leave of absence as artistic director of the Toronto-based Soulpepper Theatre Company and says he will "vehemently" defend himself against allegations from four women who have accused him of sexual harassment.video
CBC News has tallied up the number of mayors, wardens and councillors in Nova Scotia and the cost of governing 50 separate municipalities. Some elected officials represent thousands residents. Others just dozens.
CBC Investigates Marc Butler nearly died as a defibrillator lay nearby. It's one of 100s still not registered
Nova Scotia's new system allows 911 dispatchers to alert to people with defibrillators of a nearby cardiac arrest. The problem: Many of the life-saving devices in the province aren't registered.readcomments video
Lobster fisherman Hubert Saulnier speaks out about being in a so-called controlling agreement, a practice DFO has been trying to break.
Seven of the country's so-called Big 8 pension funds, representing more than 25 million workers, have used tax havens as they invest Canadians' retirement savings, a CBC investigation reveals.video
- California couple plead not guilty to torturing children, bail set at $12M each
- An Olympic-sized 'window of opportunity' — or a North Korean ruse?
- Trump appears unyielding on Mexican wall, despite chief of staff's comments
- To end 'whining and moaning' over Brexit, Nigel Farage proposes referendum re-do
- Members of far-right Storm Alliance attend Trudeau's town hall in Quebec City
- Holly Hamilton's ex-boyfriend, Justin Dumpfrey, charged with 2nd-degree murder
- Alberta could create its own EI system to cover high-wage earners in volatile industries, report says
- Toronto makes cut of top 20 cities vying to be Amazon's 2nd headquarters
- Loblaws in $400M tax fight with CRA over claims it set up bogus offshore bank
- Family horrified after funeral home mixes up bodies, cremates wrong one
- Debt, pain and more surgery: The true cost of gastric band procedure hyped as weight-loss fix
- $500M recouped worldwide from tax cheats due to Panama Papers — but none of it in Canada
- Health officials urge Vancouver to distribute safe opioids
- A look at the cognitive test that Trump aced — and why it's 'not considered definitive'
- Morning sickness drug Diclectin doesn't work, confidential industry documents reviewed by doctor show
- After #MeToo, phone app allows you to legally consent to sex
- Barenaked Together: Steven Page to join Barenaked Ladies for Music Hall of Fame induction
- Is it news? Aziz Ansari story triggers media ethics debate
- Police probe 3rd Kevin Spacey sex assault allegation, U.K. media report
- Why 2 Ontario school boards pulled funding for a play about a gay student fighting to take a date to prom
- Mi'kmaq had no 'veto' over Mill River sale, government lawyer says
- Northern Ontario First Nation 'rekindling' interest in dogsledding with help from N.B. musher
- New abuse evidence not enough to reopen rejected Indian residential school claims, says court
- Marlene Bird, Leo LaChance cases formative for new Saskatoon police chief