Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Confidential industry documents show morning sickness drug Diclectin doesn't work, Toronto doctor says
- Indefinite solitary confinement in Canadian prisons ruled unconstitutional by B.C. court
- Hidden black hole caught flinging star back and forth in distant cluster
- Loblaws in $400M tax fight with CRA over claims it set up bogus offshore bank
- Federal gov't removes poster after online backlash over Indigenous stereotypes
- Nunavut community posts bounty on 2 dogs on 'murderous caribou serial killing spree'
- Residential school column in News/North draws criticism from N.W.T. elders
- Wild fur prices on the rebound after 2 year slump, says seller
- Warming climate could affect life in Arctic Ocean, says new study