No charges are being laid in the case of an elderly Alzheimer's patient who died after a brutal beating at a Dundas nursing home early this year. More
As holiday donation campaigns pick up, numbers from Hamilton Food Share illustrate the fact that a growing number of Hamiltonians are hungry.
The company hopes to launch here by the end of the year. It will add to the hundreds of Uber drivers already on the road.
David Sweet and his son hope to become a rare instance of father/son MPs. Two years from now, MP David Sweet will run again in Flamborough-Glanbrook, while his son Chris hopes to run in the neighbouring riding.
An 18-year-old McMaster student is facing charges after a password-protected database containing student admission offer letters was breached at the university.
Criminal charges against Const. Staci Tyldesley are now expected to be resolved without a trial on December 4, assistant Crown attorney David King said in court Monday.
Hamilton police are investigating a threats at St. Mary's Catholic Secondary School in west Hamilton, and have cleared students and staff to return to Ancaster High School.
The Laura Babcock murder trial is entering its fifth week of testimony and jurors in a Toronto courtroom will hear from only a handful more witnesses as the Crown is expected to wrap up its case against co-accused Dellen Millard and Mark Smich.
Hundreds of thousands of college students are expected to be back in class after the province passed back-to-work legislation on Sunday to end a five-week strike by Ontario college faculty.video
Police in Niagara-on-the-Lake say a 20-year-old Hamilton man suffered life-threatening injuries in a single vehicle crash this weekend.
The personal archives of beloved storyteller and award-winning humorist Stuart McLean have found a new home at Hamilton’s McMaster University.audio
Here's a look at the weather you can expect in Hamilton today.
A Six Nations school is doing its part to keep Indigenous languages alive in the most modern of ways — with an app.
The city is set to spend $2.5 million to fight a surging gypsy moth population that is threatening trees all over Hamilton.
Hamilton police will hold a recruiting event at a local mosque next week in hopes of evolving into a force that is more representative of a diverse city.
A back-to-work bill that would end a strike by college faculty in Ontario appears on track to be pushed through the legislature on Sunday.
Back in February we asked you to send us an iconic image of your city for display at the top of CBC Hamilton's new web page. The response was overwhelming and is deeply appreciated. We have a winner.
"There are systemic issues down there that we don't have up here, to some extent," including "concerns around race," one officer says. It was the third time the police board has decided to hold off on body-worn cameras.
Snowy owls are arriving in southwestern Ontario for the winter, but life isn't always safe down south.
18 Patients have returned to St. Peter's Hospital after being relocated as a result of the Nov. 5 fire. The hospital says it'll take another three to four weeks to finish cleaning up the affected rooms.
The holiday season is coming in swinging and there's lots to do around Hamilton this weekend. Here are a few ideas to get your weekend plan started.
A few showers
A mix of sun and cloud
A mix of sun and cloud
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of showers
Send Us Your News
Help us tell the stories you want to know about. We want to hear from you when there is news you would like to see covered and stories happening in your neighbourhood.
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Jazz prof Steve Kirby fired from Berklee College after U of M students share harassment complaints
- Royalties from thousands of song classics tucked away tax-free
- Canadian scalper's multimillion-dollar StubHub scheme exposed in Paradise Papers
- StubHub raid in U.K. targets 'top sellers,' including Canada's known superscalper Julien Lavallée
- Cancer survivors can get post-traumatic stress disorder, study says
- 20 Canadian ideas to improve child health win Grand Challenges funding
- SECOND OPINION | 'Phantom' research paper cited at least 400 times by scientists
- 'My son is not a statistic': Mothers send pictures of fentanyl victims to Justin Trudeau
- How do you fit into Canada's multicultural puzzle?
- How does your personal income compare to that of other Canadians?
- 'I just had a weak moment': Disgraced Blue Jays fan Ken Pagan on life after the beer toss
- 'They just simply don't know': The Indigenous innovators challenging Canadians to a difficult conversation