The newly hired president of Medavie Health Services New Brunswick pledged not to cut services to elderly patients once the private company takes over the province's extramural program in the new year. Moreaudio
After just two years as the city’s top cop, the chief of the Saint John Police Force has announced he will be retiring in the spring.
Birdwatching enthusiasts gathered Saturday at Kouchibouguac National Park for an annual Christmas tradition, also one of the longest-running wildlife samplings in the world.
A man is facing impaired driving and criminal flight charges after leading Fredericton police on a short, high-speed pursuit early Saturday morning.
Codiac RCMP are investigating a fire at a Moncton rooming house Thursday night that left six people homeless.
Canadians were supposed to be freed from cellphone unlocking fees come Dec. 1, but some with a Bell-locked phone have found they've had to fight for their freedom.
'I have no country': After more than 60 years in Canada, B.C. woman discovers she doesn't have citizenship
Irene Gyselinck's discovery that she never became Canadian has sent her life into a tailspin, leaving her unable to acquire valid ID and at risk of losing her health insurance.video
A computer science professor at the University of New Brunswick is trying to even the playing field in the world of video games through his research.
In what is believed to be a first for New Brunswick, a man convicted of second-degree murder in the death of a toddler has been released on bail pending the outcome of his appeal.
People were forced from their homes in Moncton Friday after fire marshal deemed three buildings unsafe to live in.video
The multipurpose unit of the Grand Falls General Hospital is closed to visitors because of an outbreak of C. difficile among patients.
For dozens of loyal Fredericton Star Wars fans, last night was a massive let down.video
The Moncton Wildcats are hoping to score their second Memorial Cup in club history, the organization announced.
The Public Health Agency of Canada has confirmed that one person has died from E. coli infection but says privacy laws prevent it from saying where.
Premier Brian Gallant is rejecting criticism from his federal Liberal allies that his government's proposed carbon tax doesn't rise to the definition of one.
It will be a bit more expensive to leave P.E.I. in the new year, with tolls for the Confederation Bridge set to rise Jan. 1, 2018.
Sixty sexual assaults on New Brunswick campuses were reported to the new sexual assault support advocate during her first 32 weeks on the job, a report says.
Bella is owned by auxiliary officer Tom Barton and his wife Letha Barton. She joined the force to be a therapy dog for victims who have are dealing with traumatic or violent crimes.
Hot breakfast, good cheer and live music with a side of washboard were served up Friday morning, along with more than $44,000 in donations at Information Morning Saint John's annual Christmas at the City Market show.video
A 31-year-old Pennsylvania man will have to come to Canada to be sentenced for his part in the crash that killed an RCMP officer in September.
Fredericton Police Chief Leanne Fitch says the proportion of sexual cases deemed "unfounded" dropped to 10.87 per cent from 16 per cent after a review discovered problems with how allegations were classified as well as an "unconscious bias" among some officers.
Finance Minister Cathy Rogers says having cannabis sold in a totally controlled, tightly overseen market at CannabisNB stores will ensure legalization of the drug gets off to a safe start in the province.readcomments video
Compliance rates for keeping lottery tickets out of the hands of people aged under the age of 19 have improved on P.E.I., but have been falling in New Brunswick.
Residents of Harvest House and others who know the power of addiction are helping to renovate a building that will be a new centre for women working to get off the streets.audio
A Facebook post by the federal environment minister appears to suggest that what New Brunswick's Liberal government announced Thursday for carbon pricing in its climate plan does not meet Ottawa's requirements.
The New Brunswick government appeared to come down on the side of the biggest mill owners Thursday in the dispute with marketing boards representing woodlot owners.
Budget cuts approved by Saint John council earlier this week are not expected to affect snow removal operations this winter, according to the city's works commissioner.
Ten people were arrested in Charlotte County after officers seized moose and deer meat, drugs, a vehicle, firearms and other hunting equipment, the government said Thursday.
Pentagrams. Swords. Secret codes. What's inside the Grand Lodge of New Brunswick?
With 62,000 lights, 21 controllers, the Lincoln light display is drawing a crowd nine years after it's first show.video
A New Brunswick family doctor will be suspended for at least a year for having "an improper relationship" with a patient, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick announced on Thursday.
City hall must take off its blinders about the Fredericton Exhibition and work with the group so both city and exhibition can grow, a former councillor says.audio
A Pennsylvania man was charged Thursday with two Motor Vehicle Act offences in the death of a Nova Scotia RCMP officer who was providing roadside help in eastern New Brunswick when a utility van collided with his cruiser.video
New Brunswickers will start paying a 2.33-cent-per-litre carbon tax next April, but it's unlikely they will notice.
A Moncton writer has released a new book chronicling a global kindness movement that was ignited by a Riverview teen fighting terminal brain cancer.audio
Tobique First Nation has simmered with anger since RCMP raided a medical marijuana dispensary, a business the band council backed as a path to healing in a community afflicted with drug abuse.
New rules the New Brunswick Forest Products Commission has proposed for wood sales are being welcomed by marketing board officials as a step forward.
Codiac Transpo in Moncton has taken steps to prevent another driver shortage like the one during the summer, when the city had to pay a private company to run two routes.
An emergency landing in Gander could have gone much worse if not for the pilot's skill, says the airport authority's CEO.
New Brunswickers will get more details Thursday on how much more — if anything — they'll pay to fight climate change.
The popularity of craft beer has seen the number of licensed breweries in Canada increase dramatically over the past five years. But some say the industry could be facing a flooded market.
A coroner's inquest will be held later this month into a fatal workplace incident that occurred at a gravel pit in northwestern New Brunswick more than two years ago, chief coroner Gregory Forestell announced Wednesday.
The Liberal government is closing one conflict-of-interest barn door after the fact, but will leave another one wide open.
Three members of Dalhousie town council say they've lost patience with their truculent, suspended colleague Mickey Maloney, and one may resign if things don't settle down.
An explosion at a factory in western New Brunswick has sent three people to hospital with injuries.
A 61-year-old Campbellton man reported missing six days ago has been found safe, say RCMP.
Less than a quarter of Atlantic Canadian adults intend to buy pot even occasionally when it's legal, a new poll suggests.
A Sussex-area group is expanding New Brunswick's selection of craft spirits, hoping to inject more interest in the area, which was dealt a blow with the closure of the Picadilly mine nearly two years ago.
With less than seven months to go before recreational marijuana becomes legal, provinces and territories are scrambling to come up with plans to sell cannabis, but few details have emerged about what the retail experience of buying legal weed will be like.
- Jury finds Millard and Smich guilty of 1st-degree murder in death of Laura Babcock
- 'If this happened to my baby I would be very devastated,' says Sask. teen who killed 6-week-old infant
- Hunter Harrison, CSX CEO and former head of CP Rail and CN Rail, dies at 73
- Prince Albert Daily Herald lives on with employee buyout
- B.C. victims of government-funded brainwashing experiments want apology
- Trudeau government gag order in CIA brainwashing case silences victims, lawyer says
- Moving company solicits business while owner faces weapons and bribery charges in St. John's
- Rescuing whales 'high-risk' work government doesn't want to do, DFO email shows
- Justin Trudeau's Liberals still standing after bumpy fall: Aaron Wherry
- Bitcoin's move to mainstream carries new financial risks: Don Pittis
- Trump says Trudeau left out lumber, energy while talking trade numbers
- Mulroney's lesson for his successors: There's no prize for accepting ministerial resignations
- Trudeau and his ministers seem to miss the Senate's old rubber stamp: Chris Hall
- Liberals' new pro-Canada procurement caveat still being figured out
- Firm that investigated Ghomeshi claims now probing allegations of inappropriate behaviour in PMO
- McLachlin defends judiciary in sexual assault cases as she retires as chief justice
- 1 death from E. coli after lettuce warning, health officials won't say where
- Scientists mobilize for a fight over powerful gene-editing technology
- Apotex founder Barry Sherman and wife, Honey Sherman, found dead in North York home
- Federal government proposes new monitoring system for medical assistance in dying
- Director Peter Jackson alleges Harvey Weinstein blacklisted Mira Sorvino, Ashley Judd
- Oprah 'praying' for town as California fire approaches celebrity enclave
- Anita Hill to chair new Hollywood commission on sexual misconduct and industry inequality
- Stolen ancient sculptures found in New York, returned to Lebanon
- Presents from prison: Pê Sâkâstêw inmates help serve Christmas hampers in Maskwacis
- Return of sacred objects helps revive ceremonies in Indigenous communities
- Regina elder told she's not allowed to smudge in her home by property manager
- Planes full of food take to the skies for CBC Thunder Bay Sounds of the Season